Building Raised Beds Review...
|Don`t forget your 10% discount on all timber raised garden bed kits. Just click on their link below and quote LVGG in the offercode box at checkout and the discount will be applied. Order now as offer ends soon.
WATCH A 3 MINUTE VIDEO - CLICK ON THE BLUE LINK BELOW AND SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF PAGE
Building Raised Beds Review - Products Description
- Chunky treated Swedish certified timber from managed sustainable source. All the timber used in construction has Swedish FSC approval
- All wood is treated by the Vac Vac low pressure timber preserving process - the timber is placed in a vacuum chamber and the air spaces in the wood are filled with a very safe wood preservative
- Designed, researched and manufactured in-house
- Starter Kits available in 1, 2, 3, 4 or even 5 tier heights - depending on system chosen
- Adaptable linking modular system that allows you to add kits or parts to create your own personal layout
- Close planting in raised beds produces a micro-climate in which weed growth is suppressed and moisture is retained
- Rich soil mixture is never compacted through trampling and produces a greater harvest
- Saves on watering and allows easy access so is kind to your back - no digging
- Each Starter Kit comes complete with planks, posts, aluminium joining brackets and full instructions
- 4ft wide beds accept our `Medium Wide Shaped Hoops`
- 6ft+ wide beds accept our `Large Wide Shaped Hoops`
- Optional capping available
- Component accessories - planks, posts, capping and post caps are also all available separately
- Simple to order - choose height, width and length of bed from table below
Building Raised Beds Review - Timber Raised Bed (Superior)
The `Timber Raised Bed (Superior)` system is made from planks of Swedish timber 1.5" thick and 8" wide and is treated for long life with plant safe preserving process.
- All made from 1.5" thick x 8" high chunky Swedish FSC certified timber
- Available in Short (4ft)
- Medium (6ft)
- Long (8ft)
- 3" square
- 1, 2, 3 or 4 Tier heights available
- Short - for 4ft side of bed
- Medium - for 6ft
- Long - for 8ft
- Post Caps
Fits the top of all posts
Visit Harrod`s raised timber beds - Superior Timber Raised Beds - 10% Discount
Building Raised Beds Review - Children`s Link-A-Bord Kit
I used to think it great if children became interested in growing vegetables. I don`t think that anymore - I believe it`s of paramount importance we actively encourage them to do so, from as early an age as possible. So I was pleased to discover that Harrod`s has shown a positive approach to do just this.
The 0.5m x 1m, 2 tier deep, mini plastic link-a-bord bed is the ideal size for young gardeners - big enough to grow a range of crops but not too large to become over-run should attention wander. All the benefits of the Link-A-Bord product, comes complete with all boards, links and dowels (children will need assistance of adult to assemble) and is great for experimenting and learning without costing the earth!
- Assembled bed measures 1m x 0.5m x 30cm deep
- Complete with all components
- Can be easily extended with link-a-bord parts
- Manufacturing process ensures boards will last indefinitely - at least 20 years
Building Raised Beds Review - Harrod Products Links
All-in-all I had a good experience wandering around Harrod`s Horticultural online store. The raised bed products I reviewed here are just a taster and don`t even begin to scratch the surface of the quality vegetable gardening aids that Harrods Horticulteral have listed.
I don`t know about you, but I can find only one drawback shopping in a store like this (apart from spending too much... well it is a long term investment) is that you can`t pop into the cafe for a cuppa and a bun.
So! Go and make your own, grab the biscuits and enjoy the quality products that will make your vegetable growing experience that much better - remember raised beds mean no digging and bigger harvests.
Here are some links to Harrod for your convenience so you can dive straight in:
My Garden Pictures
Home | Contact Us | Starting Seeds | Raised Garden Beds |
Picture Gallery | Questions With Answers | List of Veggies | Container Growing |
Copyright© 2006 - 2013 - www.vegetable-garden-guide.com - All Rights Reserved.